Another kitchen mystery. This one is about whether some eggs past their date might be bad or good. It gets a bit philosophical about what we really mean by being good or bad and how that applies to eggs. Not to worry, there's some solid, practical advice around the end.
Incidentally, looking through the archives, roughly 1/6 of all my articles are egg-related. We have:
- The Party That Is Egg Foam
- Cooking Eggs with Sugar Alone
- Cracking the Boiled Egg Mystery
- The Best Scrambled Eggs
- Egg sizes and substitutions
- Dried Egg Pasta: Hidden Danger or Perfectly Safe?
- Ingredient Temperatures - Not technically a Kitchen Mystery, as this appeared in the magazine, but still.
- Too Hot for Hollandaise
- Splitting the Egg
- Not All It's Cracked up to Be
- A Bad Egg
So be sure to read through all of these to learn more about the majesty of the egg in its inscrutable white shell.